Continuing Professional Development For Existing Yoga Teachers.
Who Is This Course Suitable For?
- Yoga teachers who have completed teacher training previously.
- Yoga teachers wanting to grow as an individual and as a teacher.
This course provides 150 CPD (Continuing Professional Development).
Quality teachers take time and continual learning to emerge; personal practice, experience teaching others, mentoring, feedback and practical opportunities to develop your yogic skills, are just as important as learning the alignment cues for Virabhadrasana.
At Living Peace, our teacher training programs are balanced between theory, philosophy, practical application, one-on-one mentoring and time.
The 150 Hour Upgrade builds upon your existing yoga teacher training courses. The knowledge you gained previously will begin to integrate into wisdom as you dive deeper into more techniques, practice and philosophy of yoga. Through practical guidance and skill development, you can become the confident and authentic teacher you always dreamed of.
- Deeper understanding of Asana, including partner yoga, restorative yoga, breath during asana, the stretch reflex, mudras, bandhas and more
- Refine your own asana technique and alignment
- Learn meditation techniques and the yogic model of the mind
- Review of important concepts in Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- Yogic Subtle Systems, such as Gunas, Bhutas/elements, Prana, Nadis, Kundalini, Koshas & Vayus
- Explore the timeless teaching of the Bhagavad Gita
- Class sequences for shoulders, spine, hips, core, chakras, digestion, etc.
- Expand your teaching skills, including safe transitions and adjustments
As yoga teachers, it is important to have physical, mental and spiritual support from an experienced mentor. Mentoring can help us adjust, re-orient and inspire our teaching and our personal awakening. Having a strong bond and deep faith in yoga and your mentor will decrease suffering and increase grace. Therefore, mentoring is a vital and valuable part of the Teacher Training course, and you will also be provided with 2 personal mentoring sessions with either Ginny or Greg.
Dates And Times
Beginning in August and finishing in December, this format provides the following:
- 6 x Weekends (Saturday & Sunday), 7.5 hours each day (9:00am – 5:30pm)
- 1 x 4-day retreat at Swami’s Retreat Centre in Kenthurst (included in price)
- Weekend Dates:
- August 14 & 15
- Sept 11 & 12
- Oct 1, 2, 3, 4 (4-day retreat at Swami’s Retreat Centre, Sydney)
- Oct 16 & 17
- November 6 & 7
- November 27 & 28
- Dec 4 & 5 (Graduation)
$2450 (includes Living Peace Teacher Training Manuals and Workbook – required for those who haven’t studied with Living Peace TT previously)
$2300 (manuals not included)
The price includes 2 mentoring sessions with either Ginny or Greg.
Ginny Clarke has been teaching yoga since 2003. She has a passion for all facets of yoga and has completed 2 yoga teacher trainings herself and continues to study and learn with teachers she resonates with. Ginny leads regular workshops and retreats and has taught at festivals around Australia. Her depth of yogic wisdom is broad and her experience of yoga is ingrained in her daily life. Her aim is to train yoga teachers to understand the vastness yoga, the life-changing ability of yoga, as well as guide teachers to be the best teacher and person possible in this life.
Greg Clarke has been studying the Yoga Sutras and yogic philosophy for over 10 years and this is his absolute passion. It is rare for him not to have his nose in some sort of yogic text, ruminating and unraveling the beauty of this tradition. Greg will be leading the yogic history, yoga philosophy and meditation aspects of this course.